Having spent several years in Lake Tahoe, I can be the first to say that it is one of the more beautiful places I have ever laid eyes on. From summer to winter, there is always something outdoors you can enjoy. Lake Tahoe is definitely for outdoor couples and those who are up for anything, including weather. There is a long list of things to do and see, something I am happy to provide for couples and their guests. If you are planning from outside of the area and are looking for a perfect wedding coordinator, I would highly recommend Cloud Nine Event Company or Blue Sky Events.
Tips for your destination Lake Tahoe wedding experience:
- Stay a week! Explore the surrounding areas and experience all the adventure that Lake Tahoe has to offer. Extra days will allow time for a welcome party, rehearsal dinner, wedding day celebration in addition to a recovery day after you throw an epic dance party at your reception. It also allows time for you and your guests to enjoy the adventurous and scenic sides of Lake Tahoe. From North Lake Tahoe to South Lake, there is so much to do and see!
- Planning from a distance can be difficult at times. Hire a wedding planner who lives in the area to take care of all the little details. I would highly recommend Cloud Nine Event Company or Blue Sky Events.
- Plan for weather! Tahoe weather can be very unpredictable at times, plan for it all and look at the weather ahead of time before you and your guests visit.
- Drink lots of water! If you are not used to the altitude it can surprise you. Staying hydrated will not only help prevent your hangover while you celebrate, but it will keep away altitude sickness as well.
Recommended Lake Tahoe destination wedding venue locations:
North Lake Tahoe
- The Ritz-Carlton
- The Hyatt Regency
- Gatekeeper's Museum
- Squaw Valley
- West Shore Cafe'
- The Chateau at Incline Village
South Lake Tahoe
FEATURED Destination Lake Tahoe Weddings
WEST SHORE CAFE LAKE TAHOE WEDDING
Carolyn and Mark who are triathletes from San Francisco, brought their energy and thirst for life to Lake Tahoe where they decided to have their engagement and wedding. They started off their morning with their own organized 5k run with their closest family and friends followed by >>more
GATEKEEPERS MUSEUM LAKE TAHOE WEDDING
I knew that Jill, Keith and I would get along the moment we sat down over beer and appetizers. Three hours later, our love for cats and sarcasm solidified my love for this couple! Jill and Keith got married at Gatekeeper's Museum on a rainy, summer afternoon. With colorful umbrellas >>more
VALHALLA LAKE TAHOE WEDDING
Where do I start with this wedding, besides the fact that Molly and Chris stole my heart along with their son William. I first met Molly and Chris at a local bar in North Lake Tahoe where they live. After several glasses of wine and good conversation, I knew this couple was special. To say that Molly and Chris radiate true love is an understatement. I was lucky enough to have >>more
VALHALLA TAHOE LAKE TAHOE WEDDING
Lesley and John are locals of Lake Tahoe, so they were up for anything when it came to weather, photos and having fun! I can not tell you how much I loved Lesley's gorgeous dress! Definitely one I could not stop admiring. Their day ran smooth and so did the weather for their late October wedding >>more